The finalists for the Thames Valley Wing Thrive Awards have now been announced. The Awards fall into the following categories and all nominations came from their peers.
Outstanding Individual – The person who has made the most outstanding contribution over the past year.
Ambassador – The individual or team who through the virtue of hard work, character and representation have raised the profile of the ATC.
Valiant Volunteer – For consistent and extraordinary efforts in helping others, above and beyond the call of duty.
Unsung Hero – The individual whose contribution often goes unnoticed but without it their Squadron would fail to deliver the effect it achieves.
Top Team Award – awarded to the group (informal or formal) that has achieved the greatest positive impact.
- Cadet Corporal F Flavin – 2121 (Abingdon) Squadron
- Warrant Officer Seb Miller – 1996 (Earley) Squadron
- Warrant Officer Gary Rawlings – 2477 (Britwell) Squadron
The award is sponsored by King Lifting Ltd.
- Cadet Warrant Officer Lilly Chubb 211 (Newbury) Squadron
- Flight Lieutenant Nigel Furlong 2210 (Cowley) Squadron
- Flight Lieutenant Martin Lines 2499 (Wokingham) Squadron
This category is sponsored by SCS Ltd
- Warrant Officer Keith Collier 1460 (Banbury) Squadron
- Flight Lieutenant Paul Bennett 155 (Maidenhead) Squadron
- Flight Sergeant Nat Roberts 1861 (Wantage) Squadron
This category is sponsored by AWE.
- Flying Officer Suzanne Emery 2267 (Brize Norton) Squadron
- Flying Officer Alex Tweddle 136 (Chipping Norton) Squadron
- Flying Officer Jane Wicks 2410 (Didcot) Squadron
This category is sponsored by Hook Norton Brewery.
- 5-a-Side Football Team 2477 (Britwell) Squadron
- Adventure Training Team Thames Valley Wing
- Road Marching Team Thames Valley Wing
This category is sponsored by Berkshire RFCA and Oxfordshire RFCA.
Well done to all of the Thrive finalists – we wish them luck at the awards ceremony in November – who will be bringing home the trophies?
As well as a huge thank you to the award sponsors – we also want to thank AirTanker and RAF Brize Norton for their support also.