The largest operator of the Award in the world and with our backing you can’t go wrong.
Through participation in all of the activities the Air Cadets have to offer most cadets can qualify for a Duke of Edinburgh’s Award at Bronze level. There are also many opportunities to go for Silver or Gold through extra events and activities. The Award is split into 4 main areas (5 for Gold)
- Volunteering – helping others in the local community
- Expeditions – training for and planning of a journey
- Skills – demonstrate ability in almost any hobby, skill or interest
- Physical Recreation – sport, dance and fitness
- Residential Project – (Gold level only) a purposeful enterprise with young people not previously known to the participant